There are many different forms of yoga which benefit different parts of the body, improving strength and flexibility.
Hatha yoga, also known as Yang yoga, is a dynamic practice that strengthens and tones the musculature of the body. This type of yoga is also known as a restorative yoga, focusing on breathing techniques and releasing tension.
The yoga postures (asanas) include standing, balancing, inversions, forward and backward bends and twists that emphasise endurance and building heat within the body.
- There are numerous benefits of participating in hatha yoga practice:
- Muscular strength is used to tone the body
- Stamina, heat and power are increased within the muscles
- Breath awareness within the poses helps remove tension
- Synchronised mind, body and breath within the pose
- Different styles of yang practice include Ashtanga, Hatha and Vinyasa yoga.
If you would like to find out more about Hatha Yoga, why not try one of our classes!
You can find the class schedule here.