There are many different forms of yoga, each of which benefit different parts of the body through the flow of energy.
Yin Yoga is a quiet floor based practice that stimulates the energy meridians within the body. The asanas are maintained for between three to five minutes allowing Chi (emotionally charged pockets of energy) within the joints to be released.
This style of yoga is meditative, allowing students to soften in each yin pose and become curious on the feelings and sensations that arise. Students are encouraged to become comfortable in the pose with relaxed muscles. Each yin yoga pose can be varied according to a student’s individual abilities.
There are numerous benefits of practicing yin yoga alongside a regular hatha yoga (yang yoga) practice:
- Chi energy in the body is regulated
- Stimulates the meridian channels to bring balance to the organs
- Increases mobility in the joints by lubricating them, especially the hips
- Calms the body and mind
- Balances the yin and yang aspects of our life
- Creates flexibility within the fascia’s connective tissue matrix including tendons and
- Enhances deeper relaxation within the musculature
- Helps reduce stress and anxiety
- Wonderful meditation postures
If you would like to find out more about Yin Yoga, why not try one of our classes!
You can find the class schedule here.